In cooperation with Stamford International College (founded in 1950 in Singapore and Malaysia), a synonymous institution was established in Thailand on the 29th of November, 1995 at the Palm Hills Golf Resort, Hua Hin. During its 13 years of establishment, the university has continued to offer high-standard international education to students from over 23 countries across Asia, Europe and America.
Stamford International University joined forces with Schiller International University of the United States on February 14th, 2000 under an academic collaboration agreement and came to be known as the Schiller-Stamford International College. Schiller International University is a fully accredited University in Florida, and also has campuses in England, France, Germany, Spain and Switzerland. The main objective of the agreement was to provide Thai and International students at Stamford, Hua Hin an opportunity to study in any of the 8 campuses of Schiller in Europe and the United States, through study abroad programs offered under the students exchange agreement between the two Universities.
Realizing the growing demands of international education in Thailand and the ASEAN region, Stamford International University decided to open its new Bangkok campus, located on Motorway Road (Km.2). Covering an estate of 10.5 rai, the campus consists of three majestic and modern buildings. The first building is now open and once the campus is fully operational it will be able to accommodate around 8,000 students.
Students here have state-of-the-art educational facilities at their fingertips. The University mission is to provide academic excellence through small classes with a dedicated and expert teaching staff. Stamford is committed to offering only a high standard curriculum providing modern education, which helps students stay abreast of rapid changes in the outside world. All programs are designed to emphasize self-study and special training. Moreover, to ensure that students are well prepared to appear in public and are able to adapt themselves to all circumstances and to the courtesy required in the Thai culture, all academic programs require students to take a Personal Growth and Development course before they can graduate.
The new Bangkok campus will be a truly international community with a unique study approach based on the boutique university concept, focusing on enhancing "Self Excellence in Academics". The "boutique concept" describes the notion of a business that is not too large in size, but emphasizes quality and uniqueness.
- Accredited by Department of Education Thailand
- Transfer to Schiller International University & UBIS, Geneva after 2 semesters (8 months - transfer possible after 1 semester on case by case basis)
- Transfer of credit of all subjects possible to Schiller International University & UBIS, Geneva
- State-of-the-art educational facilities
- Academic excellence through small classes
- Dedicated and expert teaching staff
- Programs designed to emphasize self-study and special training
- Affordable fees and cost of living
- Founded: 1996
- Location: Bangkok (MBA & BBA) & Hua Hin (BBA)
- Language of Instruction: English
STIU Programs in Brief
Post Graduate Courses (1.5 year)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Eligibility: Bachelor's Degree.
Undergraduate Courses (3 years)
Eligibility: 12th class (10+2)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Information Systems Management
- International Business Management
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Business Communication
- Communication Arts
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Golf Management
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)